Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 4, 2012

RETROSPECTIVE Update

The retrospective show of my work is currently being exhibited in the Center Gallery of Gallery Route One, Point Reyes Station through April 1st. The gallery is open daily from 11am to 5pm except Tuesday. Other exhibits include Myong-Ah Rawitscher in the Project Space Gallery and Vickisa in the Annex.

The new exhibit includes art by my late parents and showcases my work going back over forty years. In addition, several new mixed media pieces are being exhibited for the first time.

I will be at the gallery, all day tomorrow March 5th (Monday), March 15th (Thursday), March 18th (Sunday), March 24th (Saturday) and on April 1st (Sunday), the last day of the show. It would be wonderful to see friends and guide you through the exhibit while I'm working at the gallery.

Now that the show has been installed, I've had a chance to review my efforts. Putting together the exhibit brought back so many memories of my past lives as a young graphic designer, poster artist and photographer. Showing artwork by my late parents, W. J. and Victoria Engstrom, has helped me rediscover my roots. Since so many of my mixed-media pieces are based on photographs on the two-lane "Blue Highways" of North America, I get to revisit the sites
whenever I create a new image.

We will be having a closing party at 3pm and and will host an artists’ SALON "Every Picture Tells A Story" from 4 to 5pm on Sunday, April 1st. Please Join us!

No comments: